Monday, February 1, 2010

A verse for all of us

I want to share a verse that is precious to me. It may be a comfort to many people. I need to share it with my children and ask them to memorize it as they head into their futures.




This is Shannon and Laura riding in Shannon's car. It is symbolic of the journey of life, a microcosm of the paths they travel to arrive at their God-ordained destiny. They are not sure where they are headed, but they seem to be enjoying the trip. Well, Shannon does. Laura still has a lot of unknowns.





This is David at his piano. Music brings him great joy. However, he does not see it as a future career path. He is not sure what he will be, who he will become, under the grace of God, but he is thankful for music and the release it affords.






Jonathan is not serious about much. I'm not sure he is convinced that he's really going to grow up. When he was little, I remember urging the other children to beseech God on his behalf and ask that he would live until he was 5. I don't know why I chose 5 as the age to pray for? Did I think he would be set by then, solid, full of health and sensibility? He has called on the name of the Lord for salvation, so in that sense he is set. In many other senses, he has a way to go.


So here is the verse... for me, for them, for everyone...

"The Lord will work out His plans for my life-- for Your faithful love, O Lord, endures forever. Don't abandon me, for You made me." Psalm 138:8 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment