Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A gift

So today I am not feeling great. I don't want to go on and on about it, but it's important to understand that I am feeling incredibly weak today. Also, I have a lot to do, so coupled together those factors lead to sense of overwhelmedness.

We took the van to Ford & Bryant early this morning and I came home and went back to bed.

When I woke up, I still felt crummy and could not figure out what to do, whether to shower or eat breakfast first, or what to eat for breakfast.

Finally I decided that I would like green tea and raisin bran, but I didn't think we had any raisin bran. I thought Jonathan had eaten it all. Jonathan prefers cereal that sinks.

Maybe this is flaky and shallow and stupid, but I prayed. I told God that I certainly wouldn't try to test His love for me by basing it on whether we had raisin bran; I know He loves me, and He doesn't have to give me raisin bran to prove it. But, I told Him, in the event that there did turn out to be some raisin bran, it would be a very comforting confirmation of Your love for me.

There was raisin bran.

I feel a little odd about it, but I wanted to give Him praise for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment