Friday, February 17, 2012

Psalm 57:1-2

Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me,
for in You my soul takes refuge;
in the shadow of Your wings I will take refuge,
till the storms of destruction pass by.
I cry out to God Most High,
to God who fulfills His purpose for me.

Psalm 57:1-2 (ESV)

This was our theme verse back in, what? 2009?

Back then I was a Bible study teacher, teaching Job. We memorized this verse, but in the NIV.

Today I came across it in my reading for the day, and it was so special, so familiar, so mine.

Also, it was very needed. Not so much the part about the storm. I'm not in a storm, I wouldn't say. Not yet.

But I am without a purpose right now. I feel like I need a purpose, a role. How comforting to realize that God promises to fulfill His purposes for His children. Of course, David, who wrote this, was destined by God to be king of Israel and ancestor of Messiah. I am sure my purpose is nowhere near anything like that. But I believe God has a purpose for me, nonetheless.

In His time He will reveal it.

No comments:

Post a Comment