Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Selections from Zephaniah

I read Zephaniah today.  I enjoyed it more than I remembered.

I really liked this part, because I love the seashore:

The seacoast shall become the possession 
of the remnant of the house of Judah
on which they shall graze,
and in the houses of Ashkelon
they shall lie down at evening.
For the Lord their God will be mindful of them
and restore their fortunes.
Zephaniah 2:7 (ESV)




This was a part I had never noticed before... God promises to undo the effects of Babel (Genesis 11:1-9) on The Day of The Lord:

For at that time I will change the speech of the peoples
to a pure speech,
that all of them may call upon the name of the Lord
and serve Him with one accord.
Zephaniah 3:9 (ESV)




And last, I will leave you with the most famous verse from Zephaniah, and one of my personal favorites:

The Lord your God is in your midst,
a mighty one who will save;
He will rejoice over you with gladness;
He will quiet you you by His love;
He will exult over you with loud singing.
Zephaniah 3:17 (ESV)


No comments:

Post a Comment