Wednesday, February 8, 2017

An explanation

I almost never write here anymore.

This may be indicative of a change in me.  Used to be, I kept my faith over here, and my life on my Memoirs blog.  These days, my faith and my life are inextricably bound up together, and I think that is a good thing.

It's not that my faith and my life weren't joined before.  It's just that I tried to keep this blog more for devotional and teaching purposes, and the Memoirs blog was more of a personal divulgence.  But just as reading the Bible developed a taste in me for the Bible as vastly superior to any other book, so it has come to pass that there isn't much of anything worth writing about in life apart from how God is working.  At any rate, I see God in every aspect of my life more clearly now, and the scriptures keep flowing into my Memoirs, and when I am finished writing there, it doesn't seem that there is much more to be said here.

It is interesting to me that my faith writing has invaded my life writing, and not the other way around.  I choose to believe that this is a good thing, bequeathed by a good source.

I will keep this blog, because there are some things that I consider resources here, writing I would like to preserve for my own reference.  I hope and pray that a person who happened upon this blog could explore it and find the way to salvation.  So I will leave it, in hopes that it might bear fruit someday, like a stunted apple tree, a late bloomer.

If the Lord wills, I will be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment