Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Deuteronomy 4:2

You shall not add to the word that I command you, nor take from it, that you may may keep the commandments of the LORD your God that I have commanded you.
(ESV)


This is a gross generalization, but as I read this verse, it occurred to me that, with the Talmud, Jewish people tend to "add" to the Word of God while at the same time, with a faulty idea of what grace is, many Christians tend to "take away" from God's Word, particularly the Law.

Psalm 119 is a very long Psalm, but it gives us a good perspective on what our attitude toward the Law of God ought to be. Although it is very long, one only needs to read a portion of it to start to understand its message.

I wonder what would happen to Bible-believing people if we all spent a little more time reading Deuteronomy and Psalm 119?

No comments:

Post a Comment