Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I like honey



I like honey.

But there is something ugly about a fuzzy black bee crawling around inside a flower.

Why should this bother me?

Something else is bothering me today, crawling around in my head and my heart like a nasty old bee in a flower. I am struggling with an idea, with whether something is a sin or not. And it isn't my life, so am I just a busy-body, like that bee? Or do I bear some responsibility because it touches my life? Or am I a judgmental legalist worrying about things that are none of my business? ("On the other hand... there is no other hand!" ~Tevye)

Lord, have mercy.

Lord, give me wisdom.

"If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you." James 1:5

Yes, Lord, give me wisdom. I am lacking. You have promised. And now I am waiting for You to give generously without finding fault.

And at the end of it all, please bring a sweet result, like honey. Because You can.

No comments:

Post a Comment