Thursday, October 27, 2011

Daniel 3:16-18

Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego answered and said to the king, "O Nebuchadnezzar, we have no need to answer you in this matter. If this be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and He will deliver us out of your hand, O king. But if not, be it known to you, O king, that we will not serve your gods or worship the golden image you have set up."
(ESV)

I think it is important to notice that this follows King Nebuchadnezzar's statement, "..if you do not worship [the golden image I erected and am commanding you to worship], you shall immediately be cast into a burning fiery furnace. And who is the god who will deliver you out of my hands?" (Daniel 3:15b)

Did you get that? He said, "Who is the god who will deliver you out of my hands?"

Who indeed?

That would be MY GOD!

It is a very foolish thing when a human challenges God head-on, very foolish indeed. I recall that someone once said, "Even God couldn't sink this ship." Well, guess what? The Titanic went down.

God is so sovereign, it makes me want to jump up and down and cheer. This is my God, world, and He's got my back.

(P.S. in case you don't know the end of the story, read Daniel 3 to find out what happened, and if you can sit still while you read verses 23-27, then you are a lot more stoic than I am.)

No comments:

Post a Comment