Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Psalm 86:5-7

For You, O Lord, are good and forgiving,
abounding in steadfast love to all who call upon You.
Give ear, O Lord, to my prayer;
listen to my plea for grace.
In the day of my trouble I call upon You,
for You answer me.

(ESV)

This was my verse yesterday.

I'd had a bad go-around with my 16 year old. I was feeling like the Worst-Mother-In-The-World.

I am so thankful that we can go before the Lord and plead for grace. I have made so many parenting mistakes since the beginning. Sometimes I wonder how the Lord ever could have entrusted me with four children. What was He thinking? But I know His thoughts are not my thoughts, nor His ways my ways (Isaiah 55:8). And so I have four children, and I often need to throw myself down on my face before Him and beg for forgiveness and grace.

He is good and forgiving. He does answer me. My 16 year old is still speaking to me. Maybe we will do something nice together today.

No comments:

Post a Comment